Einar is a vertical-slice of an action-adventure style game. The goal of the project was to simulate AAA development in a university environment.
The team changed a lot throughout development, and people shifted between different teams and roles. I was no exception, as I started out as tech lead in the prototyping phase, from which I resigned to have more time to focus on actual programming work, and be less occupied the production and management aspects of the role.
- Combat: Stance switching, combo chains, status effects, enemy targeting (unused), animation matching (unused).
- Camera: Stance transitions, effects, cutscene.
- UI: Main menu rotation, loading screen animation.
- Graphics: Work on materials/shaders for environment, notably water.
- Other: Asynchronous level loading/streaming, audiovisual effect integration, developer productivity/pipeline tools.